Sunday, 4 March 2012

Punishment | Bimba & Lola Evening Bag



I waited for her outside the club. She was just getting her bag. Taking a long drag out of my cigarette to drown the taste of bitter vodka, I thought of absolutely nothing. All around me people were tripping over themselves. Some had not-so-cleanly passed out on the floor and some were still trying to get there.

The brick wall against my back was cold and my innards shivered. I pushed myself off the wall and simultaneously flicked the cigarette butt on the floor, giving it a good rubbing into hell, where I'm expected sometime soon.

Finally. I saw her come out of the club, bag clutched tightly in her arms like a teddy bear. I loved her unfettered innocence. Her smile lit a flame in my heart once again as she brought her face close to mine. I cupped her cheeks and planted my rough lips on her. With my lips still locked with hers, I revealed my black irises to see her galactic ones. Only.. those eyes didn't belong to her.

No.. I pushed the girl away and ran in search of my real love. But it was too late..

I saw her crouched on the opposite pavement, hugging herself tightly against the pain. The scars on her back were peeling off her skin. Her wings were blooming. I held her. I didn't want to let her go! I refused to! But her immortal wings, mesmerizing with their auroral sheen, were too strong for my mortal body. I apologized profusely. I didn't know it wasn't her. Her tears fell with mine as she was pulled towards the sky. I held on for as long as I could..

I love you, she said. Then the last of her fingers slipped out of my hand.

Hell welcomed me with open arms. These demons, selfish demons. They tricked me, their King, so I would return. But as if these idiots have power over me. I'll get her back soon, but first things first:

Beelzebub, get my whip.


(photo via bimbaylolastore.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment