"Hi, my name's Monday," she said euphorically. Her voice was high and her demeanor was astoundingly bubbly for such an intense meeting of rehabbers. This was her first time in a meeting-in-the-basement scene and she lit up the dungeon with her silent admiration of the new.
"Tell us more about yourself, Monday," the therapist nudged.
"Um, well," she giggled, "I'm the daughter of a very rich businessman who has no time for family and a very dead stripper who used to rule the red light district. My nanny drowned my kitten in the river by the family bungalow because she disapproved of it being in my company. I always had a passion for singing but my father threatened to have my voice box removed if I did not work to take over the company instead."
Everyone in the room was stunned, including the therapist, whose mouth seemed unable to close. However, Monday just smiled at the people in the circle and seemed unfazed by the exposure of the intimate details of her personal life.
When the therapist recovered, she almost feared to ask the girl "Why are you here?" but she asked anyway, and Monday's smile did not falter in her response: "I don't know the feeling of pain. I don't know what it's like to be hurt. My life, to others, seems to affect them so, and I don't understand why. It mildly upsets me, but I can't help it: I'm always happy."
She looked at all the stunned faces with her bright eyes and released herself from the chair. As she walked to the centre of the circle, she continued her speech. "It appears as though I have no care in the world, even though I do. I want to be able to show that I have a heart. I want to share it; this happiness that I cannot get rid of, yet choose to now give away." And with that, she cut out her heart. Scarlet roses bloomed as the yellow daisies wilted.
When her heart was gone and her body was left on the floor, the rehabbed clambered up the stairs from the basement to the real world, each with a rose bud tucked between their lips, to be swallowed and never seen again.
(photo via Vogue.com)
She looked at all the stunned faces with her bright eyes and released herself from the chair. As she walked to the centre of the circle, she continued her speech. "It appears as though I have no care in the world, even though I do. I want to be able to show that I have a heart. I want to share it; this happiness that I cannot get rid of, yet choose to now give away." And with that, she cut out her heart. Scarlet roses bloomed as the yellow daisies wilted.
When her heart was gone and her body was left on the floor, the rehabbed clambered up the stairs from the basement to the real world, each with a rose bud tucked between their lips, to be swallowed and never seen again.
(photo via Vogue.com)

No comments:
Post a Comment