Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Creation | Fei Fei Sun in Bottega Veneta SS12


I live in the core of this planet and I swim in the magma deep below you.

If I touch you, you will burn.
If I taste you, you will shine.

Like the diamonds that draw blood and sparkle, they will hate you, but they will want you anyway. I can turn you into the most dangerously beautiful gem in the universe. The rich will wear you while you wear the poor. And eventually, you will be cut down to so many pieces that you no longer exist as a whole. You will be nothing but fragments, scattered all over the globe. The meaningless shards and dust will be buried in the sand. The priceless jewelry and cane toppers will be buried in the vaults. You will be hidden, stolen, and exposed for all the purposes of greed, envy and love. In the beginning, you loved me for making you famous, and you gratified me with your hardened kisses and burning eyes. You made yourself my best friend and stayed with me until they took you away and cut you. Perfection. They wanted perfection. And they wanted you. You were perfect to me. My creation. But you let them cut you and shape you and I no longer recognize you. All I see are bits and pieces that can never be gathered together again. Lost, are you? You know who you are. And you chose to break down. It is useless to retrace your steps, for you will never be whole again. Explore the world you've been scattered in. Revel in the riches and beauty. Change the fate of the hopeless.

And maybe one day, when all your pieces are buried too deep, you will let me taste you again.

(photo via Vogue.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment