Monday, 23 July 2012

Hope | Marie- Hélène de Taillac 22-Karat Gold Rubelite Clover Ring



First, you were just a word on the screen. Then you became sentences in my mouth. Turning since from an unimaginable entity into something real. The first time I brought you out (or you brought me out, I forget which) you waited for me. And I have stood by you ever since. We have shared so much laughter and so much sadness. I have heard you cry and I have seen your heart break. You have heard my silence and you have seen my scars. One day, it became difficult to stand by your side, and your existence became naught. You might have still existed somewhere out there, for others and for yourself, but not for me. Another day, it became even more difficult to be away from you, and I salvaged the bits of us left. More words. More sentences. More real. We could be brilliant together, I thought. Nevertheless another day has come. And difficulties are surging their way through to sleepless nights. Again I find myself wondering if I had too much hope, and whether such hope must finally die.


(photo via Net-A-Porter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment